Re: How to override or remove the creation date when making PDFs?

  • From: Maxime Devos <address@hidden>
  • To: Jeroen Wouters <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to override or remove the creation date when making PDFs?
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 21:10:07 +0200

On 28-08-2022 21:00, Jeroen Wouters wrote:
Hi Maxime,

The behaviour you describe is hard-coded. There is no way to change it via settings. Perhaps libfaketime can help you out.

Best wishes,
Jeroen

I'll give it a try. However, while it should be easy to add libfaketime to a single package, it's easy to forget to insert libfaketime (*) in _all_ the right place of the package definitions in the distribution (in my case, Guix, though the same would apply to, say, Debian). As such, would you accept patches to respect SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH (**) in TeXmacs?

(*) IIUC, libfaketime cannot be added unconditionally to everything, from what I've read it breaks some stuff.

(**) An environment variable, set by distributions to override some kinds of timestamps embedded in files, see <https://reproducible-builds.org/docs/source-date-epoch/>

Greetings,
Maxime.