Strange behaviour while organizing files in a recursive way

  • From: Anderson Brasil <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Strange behaviour while organizing files in a recursive way
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 23:49:50 -0300

I've noticed a strange behaviour of texmacs. Suppose that you do have
a master file, which I will call masterfile.tm, which will be like
this:

<include|./chapter1/chapter1.tm>
<include|./chapter2/chapter2.tm>

Suppose that the file ./chapter1/chapter1.tm is like this:
<include|./section1.1.tm>
<include|./section1.2.tm>
and ./chapter1/chapter1.tm is like this:
<include|./section1.1.tm>
<include|./section1.2.tm>

That way, when opening directly chapter1.tm (or chapter2.tm) texmacs
will find the section1.1.tm and section1.2.tm. But when opening
masterfile.tm, it will find chapter1.tm and chapter2.tm but not all
subsections inside of it, because it will interpret the dot directory
as the location of masterfile.tm, not the location of chapter1.tm (or
chapter2.tm).
Is it an intended behaviour or a bug? To dispose files of different
chapters in different directories feels like a natural way of
organizing the files of a document, but it doesn't work.
PS: I don't want to use absolute paths, I want to be able to simply
copy the whole structure of files at once and see it working no matter
the directory in which I copied it into.

Thanks in advance and apologizes for this cold murder of the English Language,

Anderson Brasil

  • Strange behaviour while organizing files in a recursive way, Anderson Brasil, 09/19/2022