Re: How to not count backup slides

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to not count backup slides
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 08:41:12 +0000

Looking at the title macro with the macro editor I saw that the slide count in the slide title is done with the macros screen-arity and screen-index, which do not seem counters.

It also seems to me that if one could assign the result of a macro to an environment variable as a number you would achieve what you wanted, but in the short test that I did (<assign|total-slides|<screens-index|>>) it did not work; the total-slides variable takes the value of -1. I suspect that the output of the macro is a typeset expression which is not a number.

Perhaps someone else can help more.

G.