Re: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons

  • From: Nicolas Ratier <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 11:06:09 +0100

There don't seem to be instructions for compiling/installing on Ubuntu.
How is that done?

TeXmacs depends on a Guile, so we need to build guile first. For this enter the following commands.

wget https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guile/guile-1.8.8.tar.gz
tar xzf guile-1.8.8.tar.gz
cd guile-1.8.8
./configure --disable-error-on-warning
make -j 12
sudo make install

Install Qt4 Libraries

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rock-core/qt4
sudo apt update
sudo apt install qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev

Now, we can go on to get and compile TeXmacs.
Warning. If you have both version 4 and version 5 of the Qt libraries installed in your system, compilation will fail unless you select the former. This can be done by preceding the above commands with export QT_SELECT=4.

cd ..
wget https://www.texmacs.org/Download/ftp/tmftp/source/TeXmacs-2.1.1-src.tar.gz
tar zxvf TeXmacs-2.1.1-src.tar.gz
cd TeXmacs-2.1.1-src/