Re: Stability issues in MacOS

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Bimal Gaudel <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Stability issues in MacOS
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 17:33:40 +0100

I use TeXmacs regularly also for presentations and I do not experience crashes (or at least only very rarely). If you are a new user it could happen that your way to use TeXmacs is very different from that of a more experieced user and this I believe could lead to some more instability. Would be nice to know how to do it, or what are the specific situations.

For example, I have a document which has a specific drawing which when I try to enter it with the cursor from the left it stalls TeXmacs and I have to kill it. I still need to find time to analyze why, but it is clearly reproducibe.

Once we have some reproducible situations, the developers can pin it down.

But as I told you, usually this does not happen, so if you cannot pin down the cause, maybe you can change slightly your way of working to avoid the unstable states of the program.

Is your presentation obtained via a conversion from a LaTeX presentation? Or you made it completely from scratch?

Best
Max