Sympa Menu

texmacs-users - Re: crashes of TeXmacs

  • From: vincent douce <address@concealed>
  • To: Grégoire Lecerf <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: crashes of TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 18:48:53 +0200

hello Grégoire

i have just done what you say in this file

however, the crash does not occurs systematically, that’s he problem

now, i will use TeXmacs on my documents with this message disabled and wait
for an eventual crash if it occurs
if then, i send you the terminal lines here as usual
thank you !

Vincent

> Le 31 juil. 2024 à 14:00, Grégoire Lecerf
> <address@concealed> a écrit :
>
> Dear Vincent,
>
> thanks for reporting this bug. Could you please try the following
> instructions?
>
> open -a textedit
> /Applications/TeXmacs.app/Contents/Resources/share/TeXmacs/progs/generic/document-edit.scm
>
> then search system-wait and add ;; at the beginning of the line containing
> it (in order to comment it) so that the line becomes
>
> ;;(system-wait "Updating current buffer, " "please wait")
>
> Save the file and then restart TeXmacs.
>
> Of course this "please wait..." notification will not appear any longer,
> but this might avoid the crash.
>
> Please tell us if this temporary solution seems to work or not.
>
> Best wishes,
> Grégoire.

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.

Top of Page