Sympa Menu

texmacs-users - Re: How to simplify formula in place (eg by sympy)

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: How to simplify formula in place (eg by sympy)
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2024 13:50:23 +0000

Hi proitheus,

please take a look at the Manual (not Jolly Writer) section with title "Plug-ins as scripting languages", where you will find detailed instructions on how to simplify formulae (I tried it now expanding (a+b) (a-b) +2 inside a display equation using Maxima) and linking together executable switches (I did not try it). You get to the Manual sections through the Help menu items; in TeXmacs 2.1.4 e.g. Help->Manual->TeXmacs as an interface, then section 4 of the document that is opened.

Please ask again if you need more information.

Giovanni