improved shell session interface

  • From: Christopher Lee <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: improved shell session interface
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:48:57 -0500 (CDT)

I'm working to improve the session interface and have an initial bit
of code working. It allows you to insert a "mycas" session which
starts up a bash shell and allows you to use other interactive
programs (cf. Stephane Payrard's message of 24 Sept 2001). It could
use improvement, but it's useful to me already so I thought I would
put it out.

-chris

<<< From the README >>>

ptyfilter
---------
A generic pseudo-terminal interface to TeXmacs.

Download site: ftp://retina3.wustl.edu:/pub/chris/texmacs-ptyfilter.tar.gz

Installation:

To use this, unpack the archive, edit the Makefile to set
TEX_BIN_TARGET to a directory on your executable $PATH.
TEXMACS_HOME_PATH probably won't need to be changed.

make
make install

Testing/usage:

Start texmacs, and do Insert->Session->Mycas

You should get a shell started up inside of TeXmacs

Feedback:

I'm just getting started on this and could use all sorts of
advice, especially as I learn more about TeXmacs

address@hidden

  • improved shell session interface, Christopher Lee, 10/17/2001