controling table column widths

  • From: Christopher Lee <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: controling table column widths
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:39:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I'm determined to use TeXmacs for my "real-world" work, but, I'm
having trouble: I'm trying to figure out how to adjust column widths
and placement in texmacs. In LaTeX I'd fool around with the various
tabular or array environments, but I can't quite see how to get what I
want in texmacs.

I'd like for each row of the table to look like this:

white
column 1 text space column 2 text
[right aligned] [left aligned text]
text ^

I'd like this start point of column 2 to be fixed with a
space separating column 1 and column 2

The cells of the table will include multi-line text.

Could someone explain to me if this is possible and, if so, how to do
it?

Thanks in advance,

-chris