Getting bibtex support to work

  • From: Adam Warner <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Getting bibtex support to work
  • Date: 02 Feb 2002 17:34:09 +1300

Hi all,

Thanks Joris for the responses and subscribing me to the mailing list.

I agree with Joris where he write here:
http://www.texmacs.org/Data/TeXmacs.pdf

"Actually, we conjecture that, within five years, most mathematicians,
physicists, computer scientists, etc. will use wysiwyg editors to write
their documents. Furthermore, such wysiwyg editors may grow into real
technical office platforms, capable of producing and visualizing
documents or web pages, and interacting with computer algebra systems
and numerical analysis programs."

It's going to be wonderful.

But first some mundane stuff. I can't get the bibtex support to work.

I'm running TeXmacs 0.3.5.11. This is the error message:

TeXmacs] Generating bibliography [bib, plain, bibtex.bib]
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.3.7)
The top-level auxiliary file: temp.aux
The style file: plain.bst
I found no \citation commands---while reading file temp.aux
Database file #1: /home/adam/texmacs_test/bibtex.bib
(There was 1 error message)

The bibtex and texmacs files that generated this error message are
attached.

Thanks for your help,
Adam

<TeXmacs|0.3.5.11>

<\body>
This is a simple Bibliography test.

\;

First a reference to Peter Wayner's book:<inactive|<apply|cite|rosenberg00>\

\;

And now a reference to Donald K Rosenberg's
book:<inactive|<apply|cite|wayner00>>

[Note I was not able to select/paste these index references from a
terminal]

\;

OK now I'm placing the bibliography (insert/automatic/bibliography, I chose
plain and the file `bibtex.bib'):

\;

<\bibliography|bib|plain|bibtex.bib>
\;
</bibliography>

Reference:

<\itemize>
<item>Write a <verbatim|.bib> file with all your bibliographic
references. This file should have the format of a standard bibliography
file for <apply|LaTeX>.

<item>Use <subsubmenu|Insert|link|citation> and
<subsubmenu|Insert|link|invisible citation> to insert citations, which
correspond to entries in your <verbatim|.bib> file.

<item>At the place where your bibliography should be compiled, click on
<subsubmenu|Insert|automatic|bibliography>. At the prompt, you should
enter a <verbatim|bibtex> style (such as <verbatim|plain>,
<verbatim|alpha>, <verbatim|abbrv>, etc.) and your <verbatim|.bib> file.

<item>Use <subsubmenu|Document|update|bibliography> in order to compile
your bibliography.
</itemize>

\

And this is the error message I receive when attempting to compile the
Bibliography:

TeXmacs] Generating bibliography [bib, plain, bibtex.bib]

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.3.7)

The top-level auxiliary file: temp.aux

The style file: plain.bst I found no citation commands--while reading file
temp.aux

Database file #1: /home/adam/texmacs_test/bibtex.bib

(There was 1 error message)

\;

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|paragraph width|150mm>
<associate|odd page margin|30mm>
<associate|page right margin|30mm>
<associate|page top margin|30mm>
<associate|reduction page right margin|25mm>
<associate|page type|a4>
<associate|reduction page bottom margin|15mm>
<associate|even page margin|30mm>
<associate|reduction page left margin|25mm>
<associate|page bottom margin|30mm>
<associate|reduction page top margin|15mm>
<associate|magnification|1.2>
<associate|language|english>
</collection>
</initial>