Re: Any tip for lining up equations at the equal sign?

  • From: Adam Warner <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Any tip for lining up equations at the equal sign?
  • Date: 18 Feb 2002 18:36:08 +1300

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 18:05, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> Using Insert > Math > Equation_s_ (note the 's') will give you what
> you want. Type the first part of your eqn, then CTRL-f, for the
> middle column of what's analogous to LaTeX's {eqnarray} environment,
> then CTRL-f again when you want the third column.
>
> If you put all the binary operator (or whatever else you want to align
> on) in the middle, you'll be done.

Thanks Phil! Two reasons I missed this functionality:

(1) I've been using the keyboard shortcut $. Since there doesn't appear
to be a shortcut for inserting equations the functionality is not listed
in the "keyboard" help file.

(2) When you're in formula mode there is in fact no `mathematics' item
on the TeXmacs insert menu! I was trying to insert another line while
already in formula mode.

Because of (2) I actually found the toolbar icon before I found
mathematics on the insert menu :-)

Thanks again Phil.

Regards,
Adam