Re: bug with small caps translated in LaTeX

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: bug with small caps translated in LaTeX
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:10:59 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Daniel Duparc wrote:

> > > A small bug with small caps translated in LaTeX:
> > > in the following tm file, the name "Duparc" in small caps
> > > is badly translated in LaTeX (it disappears since it
> > > is translated to \name{Duparc}!)
> > >
> > > ----beginning of TeXmacs file
> > > =============================
> > > <TeXmacs|0.3.5.12>
> >
> > Please try TeXmacs-0.3.5.13, which has just been released;
> > the TeXmacs -> LaTeX converter has been completely reimplemented
> > in Guile/Scheme. This should have eliminated the most annoying
> > conversion bugs as well.
>
> I just compiled TeXmacs 0.3.5.13 and now \tmname
> is generated instead of \name (which is already
> defined in LaTeX).
>
> However there is yet a small problem: when compiling
> a LaTeX file generated by TeXmacs there is a warning:
> \at already defined.
> For the minimalist files I used for the tests, it
> is unimportant but for other files, I am not sure.

Thanks for reporting this behaviour;
I changed \at into \tmat for version 0.3.5.14.
Please report any other bugs concerning conversions
to LaTeX to me before version 1.0.

> Also, the new behaviour is revealed only when
> changing _by hand_ the signature 0.3.5.12 of the
> tm files

I do not understand what you mean; the conversion should
be independent from the original format of the file.

> (i.e. loading then saving the file doesn't change
> the signature : is this a feature or a bug?).

If you just load and save a file, you usually get a message
"No changes need to be saved". You might have forgotten to
make a "dummy modification".

Best regards, Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor