Re: interline separation

  • From: Nirmal Govind <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: interline separation
  • Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:33:58 -0500

Thanks a lot David for checking up on this .. I appreciate it..

nirmal

Well, that is hard to tell... Actually it look like the ink box of a normal
line of text already accounts for ascenders and descenders. So 'interline
space' is only the additional space. But I cannot say much more than what can
be gathered through basic experimentation. I am really not willing to dive
back in the typesetter source code right now.

> Did interline spacing change a little going into v1.0? It seems some
> lines are typesetting more cramped than they used to.

It was not supposed to. But no one knows except Joris. Well, making diffs of
the source codes of the latest releases should not be that hard...
--

-- David --