Re: Too many incremental environments

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Too many incremental environments
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:35:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I select a paragraph to make a two-column paragraph, then change
> it to one-columns, then to three-columns, then again to two-columns I
> get this very incremental environments in the source.
>
> <\with|nr columns|2>
> <\with|nr columns|1>
> <\with|nr columns|3>
> <\with|nr columns|2>
> Dies ist ein Test.Dies ist ein Test.Dies ist ein Test.Dies ist ein
> Test.Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies
> ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein
> Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test.
> Dies
> ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein
> Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test.
> </with>
> </with>
> </with>
> </with>
>
> Bug or feature?

At the moment, this is a feature: don't forget that TeXmacs is
a structured text editor. In order to let two column text be followed
by one column and next three column text, the best way is to create
three paragraphs (using the return key), and set the first one to
two columns, the second one to one column and the last one to
three columns.