Re: Too many incremental environments

  • From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Too many incremental environments
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:55:29 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> schrieb:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I select a paragraph to make a two-column paragraph, then change
>> it to one-columns, then to three-columns, then again to two-columns I
>> get this very incremental environments in the source.
>>
>> <\with|nr columns|2>
>> <\with|nr columns|1>
>> <\with|nr columns|3>
>> <\with|nr columns|2>
>> Dies ist ein Test.Dies ist ein Test.Dies ist ein Test.Dies ist
>> ein
>> Test.Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test.
>> Dies
>> ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein
>> Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test.
>> Dies
>> ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein
>> Test. Dies ist ein Test. Dies ist ein Test.
>> </with>
>> </with>
>> </with>
>> </with>
>>
>> Bug or feature?
>
> At the moment, this is a feature: don't forget that TeXmacs is
> a structured text editor. In order to let two column text be followed
> by one column and next three column text, the best way is to create
> three paragraphs (using the return key), and set the first one to
> two columns, the second one to one column and the last one to
> three columns.

Maybe I was not clearly enough. The incremental source-codes is a
result of __changing__ one and the same paragraph several times from
onecolumn to twocolumn and then to three-column. This is when you try
several layouts.

It would be better if the code <\with|nr columns|2> is removed before
<\with|nr columns|3> is inserted.

Ciao!
juh

--