Re: Multi-line equations

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Multi-line equations
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 12:01:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Yoel Callev wrote:

> Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
>
> >>How do I control the allignment of Multi-line equations?
> >
> >Multi-line equations (i.e. "Insert -> mathematics -> equations")
> >are really a special kind of tables. Consequently, all table alignment
> >statements work ("Help -> tables").
> >
> ><Joris>
>
> What about numbered equations? I can chop them using E-Enter, but then
> the alignment needs to be changed...

At the moment we do not provide a numbered equations environment.
In an unnumbered equation environment, you may nevertheless
attach a number to a specific equation by going to the extreme right
of the rightmost column and typing "\ e q n u m b e r return".
We will make this available in a nicer way from the menus/keyboard later.

<Joris>