Quick questions from a new user

  • From: Kevin Ellwood <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Quick questions from a new user
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:51:52 -0400

Hi

(I meailed the message below about a week ago but I don't think it ever
made it out to the list)

I just started using texmacs amd I think it is great! However, I have
tried to read the help files and the tutorial and I can't seem to figure
out how to scale an eps image that I include as a figure. The
documentation says that you can do it.

By looking at the menus, it seems that "insert->special->resize object"
has something to do with it but it doesn't seem to be working.
Ultimately, I would just like to scale the eps image by some fraction.

Another question is related to bibtex and texmacs. It seems the
environment variable BIBINPUTS is ignore when generating the
bibliography. To this point, I have been copying my *.bib files into
the directory where I am working with texmacs documents. Is there a
file in the .TeXmacs directory where I can set environment variables?

The last question is related to page size. I have set the page size to
"letter" but when I print preview with ghostscript the page size is A4.
I have looked into the *.tm file with a text editor and letter is being
used as the page size. I also looked at the postscript file generated
by texmacs and the pagesize is set to A4. Is there an additional page
size configuration that I have to set for printing and can I set the
default for texmacs to letter size?

Thanks
Kevin

--

Kevin R.J. Ellwood
address@hidden

  • Quick questions from a new user, Kevin Ellwood, 05/31/2002