Re: How to enter the Name/Title of a Theorem?

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: How to enter the Name/Title of a Theorem?
  • Date: 13 Aug 2002 00:46:06 +0200

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 20:49, Felix Breuer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Many theorems have a name that is far more descriptive than the number
> of this theorem in the TeXmacs document. ("Hahn-Banach Theorem" gives
> the reader more information than "Theorem 2.") How do I enter such a
> name? Of course I could just insert a Theorem environment, switch to a
> bold font, enter the name, switch to italics and then state the theorem.
> But this methods does not have much to do with editing the structure of
> the document, it is rather a visual workaround.

I hhave seen a rather useful \theorem* environment which might be
applicable.

> So my question is: How can I enter the name/title of a theorem in such a
> way that TeXmacs "knows" it is the title and displays it accordingly? Is
> there a way to do that or do I have to develop a custom style file or
> something?

There's also \exercise* and others... I am currently thinking of a
\solution environment that should contain the number of the exercise it
solves. It would be useful for me, do you have any idea on how to
implement that?.

Hope this helps,

--
álvaro.tejero.cantero