question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib.

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib.
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:38:48 -0500

Hi all.

I want to thank all the people involved in TeXmacs. I am using It as my
primary text editor for almost all my works, specially on my thesis
writing. I want to say thanks particulary to David Allouche, who help me
with the survey style using cell span, and writing a helpful
survey-howto.

As I said previously, I am not a programmer, but I can help with
documentation, localization and translation. I just read and probe the
suervey-howto (because now is time to put my thesis pretty :) ) and I
made some minor orthographical corrections (just 2 wrong words) and make
the translation in spanish, with a minor change about creating the "Yes"
and "No" options with the same column size (in the english survey-howto
the difference of size is not noted, but in spanish the diference is
noted when I change the english word "options" for the spanish
"opciones", making that the "Si" column gets bigger).

I send as attachments the corrected english survey-howto and the spanish
"encuesta-como" TeXmacs documents.

Is a minor contrib, but Is my way to say thanks. I hope I can help more
in the future.

Now I want to make the thesis style in TeXmacs acording with the local
rules for thesis documentation.

The rules are pretty simple:

* Every section starts in a new page (5 cm of top border page).
* Each section and subsection titles are in Caps.
* The paragraphs start all aligned to the left of the page (like in the
help style).

Any advice, point, or help about it will be really apreciate. As always,
until now I can help with localizations and spreading the word in the
local universitary virtual comunities about this new style for local
thesis writing. (this will be very helpful because, not even one of
commun word processor has a template about the rules for thesis acording
the the standards of my country).

Thanks in advance,

Offray.