Re: Some comments on new features and some ideas

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Some comments on new features and some ideas
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:07:11 +0200 (MET DST)

> Many thanks for your reply, Alvaro. Now I understand how to use folds and
> switches. It is difficult to find out, because they are not mentioned in
> the documentation.
>
> In the newest version 1.0.0.17, tab completions are mentioned, in
> particular for CASs. Again, how to use them? I like tab completions in the
> shell very much (for example, my bash completes texmacs foo<tab> only
> using *.tm :-), and I'd be delighted to use them inside TeXmacs. But,
> again, no documentation...

Tab completions are string-based and searched in the usual text.
As to computer algebra systems, you should add a line like

(cas-supports-completions-set! "mycas")

Here is an example for how to use it

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream.h>

#define DATA_BEGIN ((char) 2)
#define DATA_END ((char) 5)
#define DATA_ESCAPE ((char) 27)

int
main () {
cout << DATA_BEGIN << "verbatim:";
cout << "Hi there!";
cout << DATA_END;
fflush (stdout);

while (1) {
char buffer[100];
cin.getline (buffer, 100, '\n');
if (buffer[0] == DATA_BEGIN) {
cout << DATA_BEGIN << "scheme:";
cout << "(tuple \"h\" \"ello\" \"ola\" \"opsakee\")";
cout << DATA_END;
}
else {
cout << DATA_BEGIN << "verbatim:";
cout << "You typed " << buffer;
cout << DATA_END;
}
fflush (stdout);
}
return 0;
}

Best wishes, Joris

P.S.: someone wants to write a decent documentation for the issues
mentioned by Andrey?