Re: question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib.

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib.
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:09:11 +0200

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:38:48PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> As I said previously, I am not a programmer, but I can help with
> documentation, localization and translation.

We always need people to help on translations... I took that occasion
to create a new page on the Wiki to help getting a picture where help
is needed and who is in charge...

http://alqua.com/tmresources/international%20maintainers

If you maintain an international version of TeXmacs, please let you be
known, so that we can fill that page.

Regarding the spanish translation, I believe the right person to ask
is Alvaro: address@hidden

> I just read and probe the suervey-howto (because now is time to put
> my thesis pretty :) ) and I made some minor orthographical
> corrections (just 2 wrong words) and make the translation in
> spanish, with a minor change about creating the "Yes" and "No"
> options with the same column size (in the english survey-howto the
> difference of size is not noted, but in spanish the diference is
> noted when I change the english word "options" for the spanish
> "opciones", making that the "Si" column gets bigger).

I made those files up to date with the latest help style, and put them
online at:

http://alqua.com/tmresources/contributed%20documents

or

http://ddaa10.free.fr/texmacs/doc

since I am unable again to upload files to the Wiki :-(

A few comments: you should have set the document style to "help"
instead of letter. You also should have used the (sub)menu macros (now
the menu function) instead of using "samp" and arrows in math mode.

> Now I want to make the thesis style in TeXmacs acording with the local
> rules for thesis documentation.
>
> The rules are pretty simple:
>
> * Every section starts in a new page (5 cm of top border page).
> * Each section and subsection titles are in Caps.
> * The paragraphs start all aligned to the left of the page (like in the
> help style).

I could help on this, but a number of clarifications are required
first...

You say every section starts in a new page. Do you really mean every
section, or every chapter? If you mean section, how are chapter titles
displayed?

You talk of a 5cm top margin at section (chapter?) start. Is that 5cm
in addition to the usual top margin, or actually 5cm from border of
paper?

Section and subsection titles should be in real caps (ugly and
unsupported at the moment, though the modification is easy) or in
small caps (nicer but requires the use of Computer Roman fonts on
TeXmacs)?

For the paragraph style, you may set the first indentation and
interparagraph space in package file of your own (do not forget to use
"None" style) and use it in your document.

Hope this helps.

--
_. _ . GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure.
|\ | |\ Home page -- http://www.texmacs.org
| \ ,-.|,--.| \ Resources -- http://alqua.com/tmresources
| \| |,-+||--\ TeXmacs is NOT a LaTeX front-end
-+--'`- \`-'\- - and is unrelated to emacs.

  • Re: question about new styles for a Thesis document and a little contrib., David Allouche, 09/30/2002