Re: ugly pdf font

  • From: Gosse Michel <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: ugly pdf font
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:32:02 -0400

However, TeXmacs is an interface to cas programs ( maxima, maple,
mupad), and Lyx is not.
I use texmacs for this feature, and exporting the texmacs file to latex
is satisfactory, because the results of the cas programs are printed.
So the export to tex must be keeped.

I think that in the future it will be useful to have a direct convertion
from tm to pdf.

Best regards

> Unfortunately, export to LaTeX is not a satisfactory solution
> either. As soon as you start using your own TeXmacs style files
> (*.ts files) latex converter ceases to work.
> For instance, I use several custom *.ts files to generate
> headers/footers and fine looking labels. LaTeX converter cannot
> process them. Also LateX export breaks the WYSIWYG nature of TeXmacs.
> What you see in LaTeX can be quite different from what you see in
> TeXmacs. Manual fixing LaTeX output after each call to "export" is
> not really worth of your time.
>
> In fact, if you are happy with going through LaTeX intermediate stage
> and do not care about WYSIWYG you might want to try LyX. It is
> exactly that -- a GUI shell around LaTeX. TeXmacs on the other hand
> has much more potential due to its complete back-to-front
> programmability with scheme. Sooner we forget that TeXmacs can export
> to LateX better!
>
> --Leo--
>
> On Wednesday April 23 2003 11:29, Gosse Michel wrote:
> > A workaround to have a pretty good pdf with a texmacs document :
> > 1) export it to latex
> > 2) run tex2pdf and have good fonts and look.
> > http://tex2pdf.berlios.de/
> >
> > An example :
> > http://sos.math.free.fr/fiches/mg09.pdf
> >
> > Best regards