problems in RH9

  • From: Peter Jung <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: problems in RH9
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 20:06:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi everybody,

First of all I would like to thank all the developers of TeXmacs. It is a
very useful tool for me for a couple of months now.

Recently I've upgraded to the new Red Hat 9 distro. Since then there are
two problems related to TeXmacs, which I'd like to report:

1. None of the symbols which are accessed via the AltGr-key (these
include \, @, {, [, ], } on the german keyboard I am using) is accessible
in TeXmacs. (No problem in other apps.)

2. The control panel under KDE reacts much slower than usually when
TeXmacs is running. (very strange, but fact.) By much slower I mean that
it takes two seconds or so until an input from the mouse is handled on a
P4 2GHz. Strangely, each other running process seems to be unaffected by
the presence of TeXmacs.

Thanks,
Peter

  • problems in RH9, Peter Jung, 04/27/2003