Re: texmacs-1.0.1.8-2

  • From: Michèle Garoche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden, Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • Cc: David Fritschi <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: texmacs-1.0.1.8-2
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 01:27:44 +0200

Le samedi, 10 mai 2003, à 13:10 Europe/Paris, Martin Costabel a écrit :

I mirror this back to the list, because I seem to remember that others (Michèle?) have or had this problem, too, where the texmacs.org URL gets prepended to all local file names. I personally don't see this bug and I don't know where it comes from. Maybe removing your ~/.TeXmacs directory could make a difference.

David Fritschi wrote:
[]
but when it tries to render postscript it stops:
TeXmacs] Running ghostscript /Users/david/.TeXmacs/doc/images/screenshots/start.en.png
pnmtops: writing color PostScript...
c^CTeXmacs] Running ghostscript http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/images/icons/tm_save.png
pngtopnm: http://www.gnu.org/software/texmacs-doc/images/icons/tm_save.png - No such file or directory
pnmtops: Error reading magic number from Netpbm image stream. Most often, this means your input file is empty.
Error: /typecheck in --.unread--
Sorry for the delay in replying.

If you remove your ~/.TeXmacs directory you have no tutorial anymore.

The only way I found not to have the TeXmacs.org URL before all files is to download directly the files from the site and expand the tarball.

That was before the new release. With the 13.1, there is no tutorial. So using the help->Update online works.

But, the problem with icon files remains.

Moreover, as I have three versions of tutorial on my disk, it seems that TeXmacs use one of them instead of really updating from online (I say it for sure because the cvs version on texmacs.org is not what I retrieve when updating, but one of those on my disk, though I've renamed ~/.TeXmacs to ~/TeXmacs.old before updating - I've created a bunch of files which were not on cvs and I retrieve all of them, though I've not committed any of them up to now). So I cannot assure that the help->Update online works for anyone right now.

I'm working on the tutorial, but at slow pace (exam next week -> no hope that I can work on it next week) and I cannot load only a part of it, since there are too much changes and it would break most of the links. So, please, be patient, before the end of the month, it will be available.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>