Re: no Alt-Gr-Keys on german keyboard

  • From: Benjamin Podszun <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: no Alt-Gr-Keys on german keyboard
  • Date: 19 May 2003 13:50:30 +0200
On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 11:24, Marten Bauer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2003 14:29 schrieb Klaus-Dieter Möller:
> > I'm using SuSE-8.2 too. In the KDE konsole and in other progs the
> > Alt-Gr-Keys are working.
> > Your xmodmap-command shows an error.
> An error?
> Than enter 'xmodmap' and take a look on wich Mod the Mode_Switch is set.
> At my work computer you can see this.
> shift Shift_L (0x32), Shift_R (0x3e)
> lock Caps_Lock (0x42)
> control Control_L (0x25), Control_R (0x6d)
> mod1 Alt_L (0x40)
> mod2 Num_Lock (0x4d)
> mod3 Mode_switch (0x71)
> mod4 Super_L (0x73)
> mod5 Scroll_Lock (0x4e)

I have the same problem (No Alt-Gr for texmacs, works in every other
app) and xmodmap gives the following result:

xmodmap: up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift Shift_L (0x32), Shift_R (0x3e)
lock Caps_Lock (0x42)
control Control_L (0x25), Control_R (0x6d)
mod1 Alt_L (0x40)
mod2 Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4 Super_L (0x73), Super_R (0x74)
mod5 ISO_Level3_Shift (0x71)

Just to understand the background a little bit better: Why does my ~
work (like any other alt-gr-composed key) if Mode_Switch isn't listed in
this mapping?
Thanks for any hints.

Ben