AltGr-Key on German Keyboard

  • From: Peter Jung <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: AltGr-Key on German Keyboard
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:19:18 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi, everybody.

I have the same problem as Benjamin: The AltGr-Key (alias ISO_Level3_Shift
alias mod5) doesn't work in texmacs while it does work for the rest of
KDE. I have tried to remap systematically the three modifiers A- H- and M-
in texmacs to mod5, but none of this does work: in each case the AltGr-Key
will take over the right texmacs-behaviour of the corresponding modifier
(A-, H- or M-), but none of these texnmacs-modifiers has the expected
behaviour, namely to access the special symbols \,{,etc..

The problem is: texmacs does not support a special modifier with the
functionality of the AltGr-Key (which is different from the usual Alt-Key)
and does not exist on english keyboards.

I have tried to remap ISO_Level3_Shift to mod3 through xmodmap, but this
doesn't work either. (I thought, maybe texmacs expects AltGr to be on
mod3 by default.)

This problem appeared first after i have upgraded to redhat9. no such
problem in redhat8.0 and suse7.1. maybe someone with a redhat8.0 distro
can mail the xmodmap-output to compare it with the new version?

I would appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks,

Peter

additional question: each time a key is remapped in texmacs, texmacs has
to be restarted for the change to take effect. is this the normal
behaviour?