Re: AltGr-Key on German Keyboard

  • From: Marten Bauer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: AltGr-Key on German Keyboard
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 07:19:21 +0000

Hello ,
> This problem appeared first after i have upgraded to redhat9. no such
> problem in redhat8.0 and suse7.1. maybe someone with a redhat8.0 distro
> can mail the xmodmap-output to compare it with the new version?
shift Shift_L (0x32), Shift_R (0x3e)
lock Caps_Lock (0x42)
control Control_L (0x25), Control_R (0x6d)
mod1 Alt_L (0x40)
mod2 Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3 Mode_switch (0x71)
mod4 Super_L (0x73)
mod5 Scroll_Lock (0x4e)
^--- This is an working xmodmap. But i was not able to create the same one
with Xfree86 4.3. The error appears with the new Xfree86 4.3. This is used in
SuSE 8.2 and I think also in RedHat 9.0. I tried to solve the problem with
support of SuSE, but there is no solution. Take also a look into the
xfree86.log (/var/log/xfree86.log in my case). The most users I talked to
have got an "xkb error". I also talked to an Xfree86 Developer and he said
"It could be an error that will be solved in the next version".

if you found another solution. Please post it to this mailinglist. I do the
same but i already changed back to Debian Sarge with Xfree86 4.2.x

> Peter

Hope i could help you a little bit
Marten