Re: Using Action Links for changing slides in presentation mode

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Using Action Links for changing slides in presentation mode
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:08:25 +0200

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 01:30:51PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I' using TeXmacs for my presentations. I see that a shortcuts for next
> slide, first and last one are related with the Meta key wich is Windows
> key. This is not very nice for the use on portable PC's where this
> combinations doesnt work all the time, or even the Windows key is not
> present. I tried to remap the Meta Key to another key diferent from
> windows, but seems that I'm missing something.
>
> I think that may be a nicer way to get slide motion will be using
> accion links associed for example with an arrow (rigth arrow for next
> slide, left arrow for previous slide and so on). It this posible and
> how?

Well, unmodified arrows are not really a good idea right now since
they are needed for navigation and edition of the slides ("switch"
macros that is).

Maybe it would be meaningful to have this behaviour only when
presentation mode is enabled, though... But that should come also with
a feature to prevent editing. Otherwise we risk additional user
frustration.

Also, it seems that way to define new keyboard shortcuts have changed
a bit during the scheme reorganization. I cannot tell more, since I
have not yet taken the time to update my customizations.

--
-- ddaa