Re: Responder: Re: Using Action Links for changing slides in presentation mode

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Responder: Re: Using Action Links for changing slides in presentation mode
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 00:44:05 +0200

On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 02:27:43PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> [...]

Sorry... I misunderstood you. I though you meant to change the binding
of arrow keys.

Well. It should not be very difficult to adapt the "switch" macro into
a "slides" macro which provides a couple of navigation ``buttons''.
But it would require a little bit of work and scheme hacking to get it
right.

For example, the actions must be disabled (and the color of the arrows
changed accordingly) when the first or last slide. Also, the user
interface should be updated to provide menu items to operate on the
new macro, and the keymaps would have to be adapted to provide uniform
behaviour in "switch" and "slides".

Does someone feel like giving it a try?

> > Maybe it would be meaningful to have this behaviour only when
> > presentation mode is enabled, though... But that should come also with
> > a feature to prevent editing. Otherwise we risk additional user
> > frustration.
>
> Yep, I was thinking that in nice to have some write protected mode for
> documents o even parts of documents (for example some tutorials can
> have fixed parts and interactive parts, this will be usefull for
> teaching purposes)

That is indeed a planned feature. I cannot say when it will go in,
though.

> > Also, it seems that way to define new keyboard shortcuts have changed
> > a bit during the scheme reorganization. I cannot tell more, since I
> > have not yet taken the time to update my customizations.
> >

> Ohhh, thats give me hope about my still no so crazy undertanding of
> Remapping keys. Feels betters. Thanks David,

No problem :-)

--
-- ddaa