Maxima interface problem

  • From: "Belenov, Roman" <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Maxima interface problem
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:18:40 +0400
  • Disposition-notification-to: "Belenov, Roman" <address@hidden>

I've tried TeXmacs (versions 1.0.1.23 and 1.0.1.24) and it's Maxima
interface behaves strangely - I can input expressions and execute
them, but the output (including (Dn) prompt) doesn't appear in TeXmacs
buffer - it is printed to standard output in TeX format instead (I see
it in the xterm window from which I launched TeXmacs), while next (Cn)
input prompt appears in TeXmacs buffer immediately. Is it a known
problem ? Can it by my fault ?

I've installed TeXmacs from source via ./configure; make; make
install; the behaviour is the same under Redhat 7.2 and Slackware
9.0. I'm using Maxima 5.9.0 compiled with CMUCL (it seems that despite
the note in the manual, tm_maxima works fine without changes and uses
correct command-line switches, although I tried hardwiring 5.9.0 ones
without any effect).

--
With regards, Roman.