Re: [TeXmacs] Newbie question (maple and axiom)

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Elias Tsigaridas <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Newbie question (maple and axiom)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:01:33 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Elias Tsigaridas wrote:
> I' ve just installed TeXmacs 1.0.2.9 (from the sourse code package) and
> i have some problem with the plugins)
> The first one
>
> MAPLE
> TeXmacs found maple automatically, (i have maple 9) but when the session
> starts it outputs the message
>
> /usr/local/maple9/bin/maple: line 1: portrait,colour,width=300,height=200:
> command not found
>
> and i can not do any calculations

Maple is not officially supported, so it does only work for
certain systems and versions of Maple. We don't get any help
from MapleSoft in order to improve the interface either.
I would suggest not to use this (proprietary) software.

> AXIOM
> TeXmacs can not find my axiom installation and i can not understand how
> to activate the plugin

Which version of Axiom do you have? The NAG version or the free one?
I will forward your mail to the developers of the free Axiom system.
You should discuss this issue with them.