Re: [TeXmacs] Newbie question (maple and axiom)

  • From: "Elias P. TSIGARIDAS" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Newbie question (maple and axiom)
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:15:13 +0200

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Elias Tsigaridas wrote:

I' ve just installed TeXmacs 1.0.2.9 (from the sourse code package) and
i have some problem with the plugins)
The first one

MAPLE
TeXmacs found maple automatically, (i have maple 9) but when the session
starts it outputs the message

/usr/local/maple9/bin/maple: line 1: portrait,colour,width=300,height=200:
command not found

and i can not do any calculations

Maple is not officially supported, so it does only work for
certain systems and versions of Maple. We don't get any help
from MapleSoft in order to improve the interface either.
I would suggest not to use this (proprietary) software.

Probably that is what i will do :-)

AXIOM
TeXmacs can not find my axiom installation and i can not understand how
to activate the plugin

Which version of Axiom do you have? The NAG version or the free one?
I will forward your mail to the developers of the free Axiom system.
You should discuss this issue with them.

Sorry i forgot to mention this
I use the free one version from
http://www.nongnu.org/axiom