Re: [TeXmacs] XFree 4.3 and alt-gr

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Alboszta <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] XFree 4.3 and alt-gr
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:09:34 +0100 (CET)

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the late reply...

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Jan Alboszta wrote:
> Hello
> Some time ago I've got trouble with polish chars in TeXmacs only and
> XFree 4.3. suggested solution was downgrade to 4.2. but for some reasons I
> wanted now 4.3. So started to experiment.
>
> I uncommented lines with cout in src/Window/X/x_loop.cpp and it
> give something strange:
> In xfree 4.2 pressing right alt with some letter display
> key press: char
> with correct char [0].
> In xfree 4.3 the same produces
> key press: Mod5-Mod3-char
> and in TeXmacs it isn't displayed.
>
> I made dirty trick in src/Window/X/x_loop.cpp
>
> if (ev->state&16) s= "Mod2-" * s;
> + if ((ev->state&32) && (ev->state&128)) return s;
> if (ev->state&32) s= "Mod3-" * s;
>
> It bases on ISO_Level3_Shift being Mod3 and Mod5 on the same time.
> And it's working for me, and there shouldn't be side effects.

Hmm, that is interesting. Nevertheless, this problem should be
handled by the keyboard wildcards

(kbd-wildcards
("Mod1-" "" #t)
("Mod2-" "" #t)
("Mod3-" "" #t)
("Mod4-" "" #t)
("Mod5-" "" #t)
...)

Maybe David is willing to take a look at this; he has been working on
the keyboard shortcut mechanism lately.

> pozdr.
> Janek
>
> [0] It would be nice if it could be iso-8859-2... editing .tm files in
> other editors would be easier. And conversion to html/latex. I know it's
> one sed rule. So I use it after export, but it would be nice to have it
> inside TeXmacs. (ok it's in TeXmacs becouse of ispell, but export also
> could use it....)

Yes, we plan to support different encoding schemes in the future.
At the moment, a patch has been integrated which localizes
the cut and paste operations.

Best wishes, Joris