Re: [TeXmacs] Simple Macro

  • From: "Jeremy Cowgar" <address@hidden>
  • To: "David Allouche" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Simple Macro
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:36:09 -0500

David Allouche (address@hidden) wrote:

> First thing, _NEVER_ hand edit style files, unless you _REALLY_ know
> what your are doing. You should edit files from inside TeXmacs in
> preamble mode instead. Yes, it's a big unconvenient but it will save you
> a lot of trouble in the end.

I'm not certian how to edit them otherwise. I am a programmer and so far what
I have done was simply design what I want in a document, save it, then edit,
copy, paste into a simple macro structure into my package. I do want to learn
how to do these things the correct way though. I will work on some of that
today.

> Though, so far your files seem correct (not tested here). My guess is
> your are being bitten by the absence of style cache invalidation
> mechanism in TeXmacs. Remove the ~/.TeXmacs/system/cache directory and
> restart texmacs.

That indeed worked, thank you.

> Optionally, you may want to write a patch to implement style cache
> invalidation when at least one of the involved .ts files had its mdate
> altered.

That seems like it would be quite the patch. I have never looked at the
TeXmacs sources yet, but maybe I'll see what I can see.

Jeremy