Re:Troubles with export filters

  • From: Joseph Coffey <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re:Troubles with export filters
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:36:42 -0400

In general I love the program however the export filters need some
work. Even electronic submission to the arxiv requires us to submit
latex code, not postscript or pdf.

My first attempt at exporting my document created the following
difficulties. Since "will it export clean latex code" is the first
question anyone asks me when I tell them about texmacs I think it is
important that this process be as pain free as possible.

It complains that it doesn't know where macros.sty is. I assume this is
because either:
The filter doesn't export the macro file. Then, I manually exported the
macro file, and copied all the newcommands inot my pre-amble. The
resulting document more or less compiled but it generated many many
errors (35-50). In addition some portions of my document were lost:

at least:
my abstract is gonet.
a big coproduct sign is missing.

my bibliography is gone.
I suspect there are other difficulties as well.

I can obviously hack through and fix things up, but my confidence is
shaken. If portions of the export process are manual we need some
documentation guiding one through it.

Joe