Exporting to Latex when the document contains macros

  • From: Joseph Coffey <address@hidden>
  • To: Christophe Raffalli <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Exporting to Latex when the document contains macros
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:27:57 -0400

What is the proper way to export a TeXmacs document which contains macros?

* First I tried doing it naively-just pressing export and letting it
go. However this causes the latex file to ask for macros.sty (if
this is the name of the corresponding macro file). * Then I tried exporting the macro file as well. This time it gets
upset that there are two document classes (source and article),
and after complaining about a variety of other problems generates
only 1 page dvi file.
* Finally I tried just pasting in the exported macros. This works
ok, except that the macros which were written "with math" do not
export properly. (at least I believe this is the source of my
woes). It seems to me that the proper export of
o <assign|db|<macro|<with|mode|math|blah blah>>>>
o should be:\newcommand{\db}{\ensuremath{blah blah} not
o \newcommand{\db}{${blah blah}$}

The present method causes a large number of error messages, because the way TeXmacs treats the macros when I edit is like an ensure math (I think). Most of the error messages generated are not serious, however the results are unpredictable, and not terrible easy to fix up.