OT: Newbie questions about Bibtex

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: OT: Newbie questions about Bibtex
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:29:52 +0200

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you about this off-topic but this is the best place I
know
to ask a question like the following.

I want to create a new reference database (I was using an MS Access
database...) and I think that the best solution is to use Bibtex because
TeXmacs is my main word processor. Here are the questions:

1. Is Bibtex the best solution or there are better/easier ones?
2. Which is the best tool to manage a Bibtex database? I use Linux and Mac OS
X, so it'd be great if it was multiplatform. I googled some minutes and there
are a lot of different tools.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Javier