Re: [TeXmacs] OT: Newbie questions about Bibtex

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Karl Hegbloom <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] OT: Newbie questions about Bibtex
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:21:54 +0200 (CEST)

> Q: Could TeXmacs be programmed, via Guile Scheme, to implement a
> bibtex-mode + reftex-mode like that? I wonder how hard it would be to
> do that?

No, this would be quite simple, even though you would probably
need a week or so. In order to obtain something nice, you need to
1) Design a tree-based data format for BiBTeX files.
2) Write a converter from this format to/from BiBTeX.
3) Write a style file for displaying BiBTeX files.
4) Provide an interface for modifying entries, written in Scheme.
Of course, for a first try you can skip 4 and implement 3 in a very
rudimentary way.