Re: LaTeX sxport for submission to journal

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Felix Breuer <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: LaTeX sxport for submission to journal
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:14:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Felix,

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Felix Breuer wrote:
> I want to submit an article that I have written using TeXmacs to a
> journal (Springer's "Mathematische Semesterberichte"). I immediately ran
> into the following problem:
>
> The journal does not accept .tex files that use custom macros. TeXmacs'
> standart LaTeX export generates quite a number of macros, however. How
> can I avoid generating these macros?

Hmm, at the moment, I am afraid that we do not provide an option which
does the substitution of all macros... This should not be really hard
to implement (could actually be done by a simple bash-tool, probably),
but would require some time (which I don't have right now).

I suggest you to complain to Springer that they should support
TeXmacs and at least accept all valid and well-written LaTeX files.
It is good to pretend not being an expert on typesetting and
naively be surprised by the fact that Springer does not support
a "standard" text editor like TeXmacs, which is used by you and
many of your collegues... ;^)

You may also suggest them to take contact with the TeXmacs authors
(point to the web-site). Since we already do have a contact with them,
this will motivate them a bit more to cooperate and remove silly
policies like what you mention.

Yours, Joris