Re: [TeXmacs] Re: LaTeX sxport for submission to journal

  • From: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • To: M Singh <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: LaTeX sxport for submission to journal
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:42:00 -0400

> > as used by publishing companies? You will recognize that writing
> > an automized converter for such files is as at least as much work
> > as converting the 25 mostly style files by hand.
>
> If it is only as difficult as converting 25 style files by hand, its a
> profitable prospect, as the convertor, once created, could be used by
> texmacs
> users to access thousands of other class files with a few clicks of the
> mouse.

Just to add my 2 cents here, may be a bounty system could work here.
Because, it's understandable that Joris doesn't have enough time to
write a converter and he would rather spend time to further improve
TexMacs that we have come to love. And also it's clear that an
accurate converter would help many of the writers, implying they would
not mind setting up a small bounty for someone willing to write the
converter for some of the commoner styles and contribute it to TexMacs
with a compatible license.

-Nachi