Newbie style hacking

  • From: Dave Hamby <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Newbie style hacking
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:36:34 -0500

I'd like to mess with the book document style to implement the corporate
look but I'm having trouble getting started. Just for drill, I'd like to
add even and odd page footers with three parts, the running author,
classification, and running title, with running author and running title
switching places from odd to even pages.

It looks like I can use page-odd-footer and page-even-footer but I can't
figure out how to get a left justified element, a centered element, and
a right justified element in them. Further, I'm not quite sure how to
reference the macros doc-running-title and doc-running-author in the
footer.

I'd guess I should be doing this in TeXmacs macros as described in the
full manual but I'm new to the language and, because the styles are
built-up by inclusion, I'm having trouble using them as a go-by.

Your help/hints would be appreciated.
Dave
--
David L. Hamby address@hidden