Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with Scheme

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with Scheme
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:02:33 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Javier [utf-8] Arántegui wrote:
> I am trying to learn how I can to write macros in Scheme. Yesterday I wrote
> an
> small macro (it's in the attached file) at home and it worked fine, it just
> counts the lenght of a word (hey! I'm just learning ;-) At home I used
> TeXmacs 1.0.4 (most updated version aviable at Fink) in an iBook and it
> worked fine. But, today I tried it in my office PC and I got this error:
>
> <wrong-type-arg|string-length|Wrong type argument in position %s:%S|?|#f>
>
> I'm using here TeXmacs 1.0.4.4. Any idea of what is going wrong?

In recent versions of TeXmacs, we directly pass the arguments as trees,
so you should convert them to strings using tree->string.
However, there is a bug with this, since the > in tree->string
is currently rewritten as <gtr>. I hope to take a look at this soon.
You may write a function (define (f t) (string-length (tree->string t)))
and use "f".