Problems with Scheme

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Problems with Scheme
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:32:10 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to learn how I can to write macros in Scheme. Yesterday I wrote
an
small macro (it's in the attached file) at home and it worked fine, it just
counts the lenght of a word (hey! I'm just learning ;-) At home I used
TeXmacs 1.0.4 (most updated version aviable at Fink) in an iBook and it
worked fine. But, today I tried it in my office PC and I got this error:

<wrong-type-arg|string-length|Wrong type argument in position %s:%S|?|#f>

I'm using here TeXmacs 1.0.4.4. Any idea of what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Javier

--

Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es
<TeXmacs|1.0.4>

<\body>
<assign|contar|<macro|texto|<extern|(lambda (texto) (string-length
texto))|<quote-arg|texto>>>>

N�mero de letras de Corcho: <contar|Corcho>

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|language|spanish>
<associate|preamble|true>