Re: [TeXmacs] New TeXmacs package available for Slackware 10

  • From: am29 <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] New TeXmacs package available for Slackware 10
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:47:02 +0100

Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
[Notice that technical discussions on the implementation of TeXmacs
should take place on the developers mailing list address@hidden]

Sorry, I'll subscribe to texmacs-dev too

Do you get a faster binary when using "-march=i486 -mcpu=i686"?

I don't think, but most slackware packages are built with these options.

I remember having tried once, but I did not notice any clear difference.
In order to test, you may measure the time it takes to compile and
open the full documentation:

Help -> Full manuals -> User manual

Don't forget run TeXmacs, open the manual and close TeXmacs once
for fake, since some fonts may need to be created the first time.

I'll try.