From display math environments to inline

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: From display math environments to inline
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:44:37 +0100

Hello,

Which is the optimal way to change from a equation or equationarray to a math environment (inline)?

Ideally, I would like to be able to do it through a C-Tab (structured circulate). But when I try that,

1) the new math environment can't be put in the preceding line; it wants a line of its own.

2) the spacing is wrong in the case of eqnarray

An acceptable solution for (2) would be to kill the table environment with A-Backspace. The problem is that this seems only to keep the innermost environment content, i.e., the cell. This means that I lose part of my equation.

If anyone can propose something better (other than cutting'npasting) I would be very grateful,

'Alvaro.

PS: A TIP (TeXmacs Improvement Proposal) follows

---
In general, it would be very useful if TeXmacs had a knowledge (via a dedicated file) of 'Casting methods'.

Thus in the present case, if I select a eqnarray and then Insert->math, texmacs should know the 'most sensible' operation set to perform in eqnarray to make it math.

In general this would make much easier to change one's mind about the type of a certain structure.

If a list of paragraphs is selected and insert->subsection is requested, each paragraph is turned into a subsection title.

And so on, obviously these examples are only dummy examples, and the list of actions to undertake should be customizable in a scheme file.

  • From display math environments to inline, Alvaro Tejero Cantero, 12/04/2004