Documentation for advanced users?

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Documentation for advanced users?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:30:08 +0100

Hi there,

is there any documentation that I overlooked about the usage of macros,
variables, etc. directly in TeXmacs?

I only found out by chance that I can open certain elements by putting the
cursor behind them and pressing <backspace>. (Is this basic feature
documented at all?)

On the other hand, there are many things that I do not know and I don't even
know whether they are documented at all (except for maybe some message on the
mailing lists...)

For example, there are many elements where I cannot "look under the hood".
(because the backspace-trick does not work) How do I edit these in some
low-level mode?

I found out about the <with|variablename|text> command. I can create using
the
menu, but once it is activated, I cannot deactivate it again to edit it on
the low level.

How do I create arbitrary commands? For example, I know there is a command
"<if||>". One way to create it, is searching through the menu or remembering
the specific key-sequence. Certainly, there is a way to create it directly
just using the name "if"?

Somehow, the whole user interface gives me an uneasy feeling. On the one
hand,
the high-level interface is not yet complete enough to do everything by point
and click. On the other hand, I do not really manage to get any low-level
control either. :-(

Ciao,
Nobbi

--