Edition of Style files

  • From: Javier Arántegui <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Edition of Style files
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:09:27 +0100

Hello,

Today I was making my own seminar (slideshow) style because I need it for a
class and because I want to show how easy it is to create your own styles.
So, you won't have any excuse to not participate in the Contest
<http://www.udl.es/usuaris/w3511782/texmacs-contest.html> ;-)

These are the steps I followed to create my own slideshow style:

1. Copy the file /usr/share/TeXmacs/styles/seminar.ts
to /home/javier/.TeXmacs/styles/seminar.ts (obviously 'javier' is my
username)
2. Rename the file to jaj-seminar.ts
3. Start TeXmacs
4. Open jaj-seminar.ts to edit it
5. Click on Help -> Reference Guide -> Standard Environment Variables and
read
it.
6. Modify the existing lines and and new lines. The sintax is quite easy to
understand. To create a new 'Assign' go to Source -> Definition -> Assign or
click on the := button -> Assign.
7. Save the style

Although you could edit the style file using a text editor, it is very
important that you use TeXmacs to edit it. It avoids a lot of problems.

One great thing is that you can edit the style file and see the modifications
in a document every time you save the style. Both buffers (style and
document) can be opened simultaneously.

I include as attachment the style file I created. It is not the definitive
version, it's just a work in progress. If you wanted to use it or install it,
you should copy it in ~/.TeXmacs/style.

To use the style file go to Document -> Style and your new style should be in
the list.

Javier

--

Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax +34 973702596
http://www.tecal.udl.es

  • Edition of Style files, Javier Arántegui, 12/14/2004