Re: [TeXmacs] too slow boot

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] too slow boot
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:12:53 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Nachiketa Sahoo wrote:
> My texmacs startup time is too long. For instance, I have a 27 page
> long report. And when I try to open it, it takes me 75 seconds to
> start, i.e. launch texmacs and open it. Is this normal? I am using it
> on a 2.8 GHz P4 machine with 1gb ram. I am running gentoo linux with
> 2.6.9 kernel.

This is strange, because both start-up time and file loading have been
speeded up quite a lot recently. What version of TeXmacs are you using?
What precisely is taking a long time: starting up TeXmacs with an empty
document, or loading your 27 page document? Can it be that your document
contains some complex markup? Do you edit in papyrus mode or page mode?
When editing in "page mode" (Document -> Page -> Type -> Paper),
the page breaking can cost a lot of time when you use floating objects.

Best wishes, Joris

  • too slow boot, Nachiketa Sahoo, 12/29/2004
    • Re: [TeXmacs] too slow boot, Joris van der Hoeven, 12/29/2004