table of contents in "book" mode & interesting tip.

  • From: Corey Sweeney <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: table of contents in "book" mode & interesting tip.
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:24:04 -0600

In book mode i create "parts" as well as chapters in order to create
orginization . These "parts" print out fine, but when creating the
Table of contents, the parts don't get displayed in the toc at all.
as of right now i've created some manual insertions right after each
part like <toc-main-1|part I - search>, <toc-main-1|part II -
philosophical induction>, etc. But I was wondering if there's a
reason that it's not part of the standard book style macros.

also cool tip. if you want to organize your work try inserting
<assign|section|dummy>
<assign|subsection|dummy>
<assign|subsubsection|dummy>

then regenerating your table of contents and you'll be able to just
see the chpaters, which makes it easier to organize.

Corey

  • table of contents in "book" mode & interesting tip., Corey Sweeney, 12/31/2004