Re: [TeXmacs] Equation numbering format!?

  • From: David Mézerette <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Equation numbering format!?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:41:31 +0900

I have never tried this. Surely it is possible to redefine
<the-equation> inside the document, but I don't know how to do this (not
very skilled with TeXmacs... yet) ^^

A simple way would be to define a new counter (say "toto") <new-counter|
toto> then, in your equation, add
(<the-subsection>.<the-toto>)<inc-toto>. I guess it should work.

If someone here can post an example of how to redefine <the-equation>,
it would be nice indeed. I guess I can use it sometimes. And this would
apply to redefining <the-theorem>, which would solve our friend Peter
Pan's second problem ^^

By the way, is there a way to change the type of numbering to alpha or
roman, as in LaTeX ?

Regards

David